Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lillies of the Creek

Acrylics on Wood
On looking down at reeds along the creek
I silenced in myself a ravenous desire
To straighten out the row and lovely seek,
To form a symmetry of beauty like a choir.
Its vision blessed in me a kind of fire.

Up-earthly did I look into the skies
To see waves of blue above the mired reed,
Bent outward like majestic flying kites.
I then leaned forward and with my might,
I caught a slash of heaven’s aura.
As reeds looked like they could take flight,
I breathed in all of nature’s flora,
And exhaled art to show the need
To save all of nature’s blooms of reed.

Originally Published: Monday, November 4, 2013.

To find other images of abstract landscape art, find us on Fine Art America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art reflects life as George D. Gordon, III, owner of GDG III Photo, demonstrates in all of his work. Please SHARE. To learn more, contact us at 813-900-0950.

GDG III Photo, Images of Photography and Fine Arts.